Friday, March 11, 2005

Book Club Aarrrgh!

Last night was a swashbuckling edition of bookclub. Our book was Pirate, by Fabio. Our destination: The Pirate's Cove, of course.

My old friends will know that I've spent many hours drinking the brownest of the brown at the Pirate's Cove. Unfortunately, being a NoPo resident, I haven't been there in years. Also, the Pirate's Cove was acquired a couple of years ago by some young punks.

Gone are the daze of Yahtzee playing, vodka swilling seniors on Sunday afternoons, and the crotchety old bartender who would never come over to your table. Yes, my friends, just as Pirate is a cheap imitation of a novel, so is the Pirate's Cove now a cheap imitation of itself.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scriptsaurus said...

I proudly wear my Pirate's Cove tee shirt in memory of it's greatness, and of those cheap glasses of brownness. Also, you should have stolen that picture...whatever it was.

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home