Tuesday, February 22, 2005

The Best Book, a good movie?

Those of you who know me, know that I love Philip K. Dick. In fact, those of you who knew me in the late 80's and early 90's know that I once considered him my best friend (even though he was dead).

My very favorite PKD book is A Scanner Darkly. The movie options have been kicked around from one person to the next for about 20 years now (yes, I'm that geeky that I've kept track). It's finally landed in the lap of Richard Linklater (Slacker, Dazed and Confused, Waking Life, etc.) and believe it our not the preview looks more than good.

Thanks to "anonymous" for the link.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fabulous news! Let's just hope they don't give it a happy ending. And with Keanu. Very intriguing....

7:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is the 1997 screenplay for "A Scanner Darkly" written by Charlie Kaufman.

http://beingcharliekaufman.com/scanner.pdf

11:40 PM  
Blogger Vanzetti said...

berl -

I have a whole host of questions relating to a series of films i've seen lately (all of which i liked a great deal) that deal with memory and emotion. 2046 and, strangely coincidentally named, Code 46 being the most recent. These issues are so Dickian. May we discuss? Have you seen?

xo vanzetti

3:31 AM  
Blogger great sandwich! said...

i can't wait to read the charlie kaufman screenplay.

i'll rent code 46 and 2046 this weekend, and i'll be happy to discuss.

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home