Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Rats! zinger

As anyone who has been paying attention to the news this morning knows, Cardinal Ratzinger has been elected Pope. Anyone who knows much about my spiritual life knows how much I can't stand that man. He is bad.

The good news is: 1) he's the one who's been running the show for several years now, so one can only hope for the status quo, 2) he's 78.

The bad news is, the last time the Cardinals elected a Pope they thought was old and therefore transitional was Pope John XXIII. He's the one who instituted the sweeping changes of Vatican II. Only he was good. Ratzinger is bad.

Bad. Bad. Bad.

But, for a more uplifting look at how some young Catholics are dealing with this news, I recommend this post.

UPDATE: for those of you who wonder why I think he's bad.

1 Comments:

Blogger Susan Rose Francois, CSJP said...

Hang in there. To be honest I'm floating between utter despair and hoping against hope. Trying to deal. What else can I do?

We are the church. Remember that. (I'm telling myself too).

To you non-Catholic/non-religious folks. Think good thoughts for us please ... we'll need them.

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home