Friday, August 05, 2005

A harrowing day

Question: can two young women scrape, sand, prime, and paint a 1923 bungalow in 5 days?

Answer: yes! If we actually had 5 days. But since this is the end of day 4, we are not yet done. Tomorrow I leave for the coast, and then to Boston/Rhode Island for jedi jade aka Bambi Smurf's wedding. That means a mad dash au demain to finish as much as possible before it is time to go.

Today was pretty intense. I had to go rent a 28ft extension ladder so jkf could do the tippy tops (I'm too chickenshit to go that high). But, just transporting the thing in my little truck was enough excitement for me.

We managed to finish scraping, sanding, and priming the south side, as well as painting the top today. This was no easy feat considering it was 90F today. Sweltering.

Additionally, much painting was done on the front.

The best part was jkf painting in the dark in an effort to finish the top of the north side so I can take the ladder back at 7am tomorrow. It was comical because it really was impossible to see anything (I had cut the electricity to ward off inadvertant electrocution), and we were both a little punchy at that point, but I'm sure it will be beautiful in the sunlight.

Not bad for a 12 hour day.

Did I mention that jkf is the nicest, bestest, most wonderful friend in the world? I think I need to say that at least 20 times a day.

3 Comments:

Blogger jkf said...

Awww, shucks.

Looks like I won't be back until Wednesday or Thursday...hope your neighbors don't mind half a smurf house.

2:49 PM  
Blogger great sandwich! said...

sounds good, lady. i don't know about you, but my fingers swelled up like sausages for two days at the coast. i think they needed some rest.

3:35 PM  
Blogger jkf said...

I've only just recovered. I gots me some serious ouchies.

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home